This just in from Indian Motorcycles. Another custom creation utilising the recently launched Sport Chief bike. Once again Indian motorcycles are proving themselves very adapt at producing high quality foundations but allowing custom builders to build onto them for superb results. Add another celebrity name into the mix and you’ve got a very good marketing strategy that’s not as overt as other brands may use.
Indian Motorcycle continues its ‘Forged’ custom Indian Sport Chief video series, releasing the second of its three-bike build series. For this build, Indian Motorcycle tapped Jake Cutler from Barnstorm Cycles to create a one-of-a-kind custom Sport Chief for highly decorated MMA fighter, T.J. Dillashaw.
When designing the bike, Cutler wanted to create a locked-in riding position. To achieve this, Cutler narrowed the tank and added knee cutouts to allow T.J. to tuck into the bike for a more comfortable and secure riding position. For the seat, Cutler used custom upholstery with gripper fabric. The handlebars are raised two inches with a slight pull back, while the front end was lifted an inch. With colour-matched wheels, the bike’s high-finish paint was completed by Blue Moon Kustoms in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
“The end result of the bike is pretty much how I mapped it out,” said Cutler. “The colours are where I wanted them to be, the design is what I was hoping it would be.”
Parts List: 2023 Indian Motorcycle Sport Chief
- Beringer Brake Master and Clutch Cable Control
- Barnstorm Hand Control Transition adapters
- Barnett +2″ Clutch and Brake Cables
- Barnstorm “Lane Splitter” +2″ Pullback Handlebar Risers for Chief Models
- Indian Motorcycle Stock Sport Chief Moto style Handlebars
- Joker Machine Left Side Bar end Mirror
- Hart Luck ODI Grips
- Front end lifted 1″ with Bareknuckle Performance Indian Challenger Fork Extension
- Kuryakn Bullet Atto Amber front turns
- LED Headlight with custom extension mount.
- Joker Machine Pegs “Race” Foot Pegs
- RSD Traction Shift and Brake Pegs
- Barnstorm Chief/Chieftain Final drive chain conversion
- Barnstorm + Audette Motorcycles Complete Thunderstroke Engine cover set
- Revere cam cover
- Renegade horn cover
- Revere outer valve covers
- “BBolt” Sprocket Cover
- Barnstorm + Audette Motorcycle Moto Hi-Flo air intake
- Barnstorm signature hand fabricated Stainless Steel 2-1 Exhaust system with custom heat guards. TIG welded with full argon back purge. Finished with an internal ceramic coating and mirror polished.
- Indian Motorcycle stage tune thanks to the team at Moms of Manchester, NH
- Barnstorm Chief “Slim Subframe Strut and Fender Conversion”
- Kuryakn Bullet Atto red rear run/turn/brake lights, laydown license plate mount and LED Plate frame.
- Barnstorm “BBolt” Primary Cover medallion
- Barnstorm signature modified gas tank with hand-fabricated “Knee cuts.”
- Custom seat upholstery stitched by Seamless Custom in Leicester, Massachusetts
- Custom Powder coating done by C.A.S. Services in Oxford Massachusetts
- Custom paint-sprayed Blue Moon Kustoms in Oshkosh, Wisconsin